Phone: (610) 212-1558
Mr. Henderson has over twenty years of executive experience and in a variety of manufacturing and technology businesses. His areas of expertise include operational and executive leadership, strategic and tactical business planning, turnaround and workout execution, business development, and capital acquisition. He has led divisions of publicly traded companies, has led a company with offices in 37 states, and has launched many successful start-ups. He has served as …
- General Manager, Engineered Materials Divn., BVI Capital Partners (private equity)
- President, Tribology Systems, Inc. (specialty bearings
- Turnaround Executive, Cytogen Corp. ($500M NASDAQ-traded biotech),
- Turnaround Executive, Lansdale Mfg. Co. ($80M clothing design/manufacturing),
- President, Ortlieb’s Philadelphia Beerworks, Ltd. (brewery and restaurant),
Joe recently completed a very successful assignment as Managing Director of BVI Capital Partners, where he managed the portfolio companies and oversaw growth of the acquisition portfolio and team. Prior to joining BVI, he was president of a business incubator, he ran the Philadelphia management consulting practice of a nationally-recognized accounting firm, and was an information technology manager at ICI Americas, DuPont and Boeing. Additionally, Joe was Vice President of Marketing for STM Power, a cutting-edge energy technology company with numerous patents in Sterling Engine technology.
He specializes in:
- Executive and operational management
- Business start-up leadership
- Company strategic planning & problem solving
- Turnaround management
Joe has been President of the Entrepreneurs’ Forum of Greater Philadelphia, is a frequent Guest Lecturer at The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania, and has authored many business articles. He was finalist for both the SBA Women and Minority Business Advocate Awards, and a regional finalist for the President’s Commission on White House Fellowships. He was selected for International Who’s Who of Professionals. Joe was 3-time Executive Director of the Angel Venture Fair, has co-chaired the Philadelphia 100®, and was chair of the Ben Franklin Emerging Business Awards®.
Joe is a Certified Management Consultant. Mr. Henderson earned his MBA in Finance and Entrepreneurship at St. Joseph’s University, and a BS in Computer Science from Drexel University.